Even though the show is on too-long hiatus this month, we can’t complain of lack of interviews. Various reporters have talked to the cast lately, such as Show Tracker, Zap2it‘s Carina Mackenzie and Hollywood Crush. We gathered all the articles in one post for your sanity. Check out the best quotes below and click on the links for the entire stories. And if you’d like to ask the writers a question yourself, head over to Vampire Diaries’ official Facebook page.
PW: Right, especially when that choice involves suffering from a fictional malady.
Dawn: Totally. What’s funny to me is that the writers are really showing what it’s doing to Damon. In season one, he was compelling Vicki and it became disastrous. He may have entered this situation thinking it could be a similar case, but it’s turning out much differently for Damon, which has been an interesting turn. He’s not just able to shrug her off like he thought he could. I can’t wait for you guys to see episode 19 – there’s a lot of Andie and Damon in that one. Some big things go down.
That constant dark cloud over Mystic Falls means no one is safe forever, not even the show’s main trio of Elena (Nina Dobrev), Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder). “I think that there are people who are safe for quite a long time,” Plec says. “But the rule always applies. Anything can happen at any time, and not everybody’s going to like it, and not everyone’s going to be happy about it.” While Elena, Stefan and Damon are probably not going anywhere soon, it does seem likely there will be more casualties when the series returns April 7. “I think we’ve got about 20 characters working at this point. Yes, there will be a percentage of them that will not make it to season three.”
1. Stefan’s Theme – Mike Suby
2. Running Up That Hill – Placebo
3. Currency of Love – Silversun Pickups
4. Hammock – Howls
5. Sleep Alone (909s in the DarkTimes Mix) – Bat for Lashes
6. Bloodstream (Vampire Diaries Remix) – Stateless
7. We Radiate – Goldfrapp
8. Obsession – Sky Ferreira
9. Head Over Heels – Digital Daggers
10. Down – Jason Walker
11. Beauty of the Dark – Mads Langer
12. Cut – Plumb
13. All You Wanted – Sounds Under Radio featuring Alison Sudol of A Fine Frenzy
14. The Fellowship – Smashing Pumpkins
15. On Melancholy Hill (Feed Me Remix) – Gorillaz
16. 1864 – Mike Suby
The ORIGINAL TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK: THE VAMPIRE DIARIES features exclusive fan favorites from Season One + new tracks that will be featured in Season Two.
The Vampire Diaries: Original Television Soundtrack features the following songs:
1. Vampire Diaries Theme (Intro) – Mike Suby
2. Sleep Alone – Bat for Lashes
3. Running Up That Hill – Placebo
4. Obsession – Sky Ferreira
5. Bloodstream (Vampire Diaries Remix) – Stateless
6. On Melancholy Hill (Feed Me Remix) – Gorillaz
7. We Radiate – Goldfrapp
8. Hammock – Howls
9. The Fellowship – Smashing Pumpkins
10. Head Over Heels – Digital Daggers
11. Down – Jason Walker
12. Currency of Love – Silversun Pickups
13. Beauty of the Dark – Mads Langer
14. All You Wanted – Sounds Under Radio featuring Alison Sudol of A Fine Frenzy
15. Vampire Diaries Theme (Outro) – Mike Suby
Pre-order your copy now if you haven’t done it yet!
Chris Mollere, the Vampire Diaries music supervisor, was recently interviewed by Bite On This. You can listen to his interview here. It is really great, so do not miss it!
Vampire-Diaries.net were lucky enough to talk to him as well! Here are a few tidbits he mentioned in both interviews thanks to them:
The official Vampire Diaries soundtrack will be releasedOctober 12th on EMI/Virgin. The soundtrack will feature selections from Season 1 and Season 2.
He couldn’t say too much about the final tracklisting, but the special TVD Mix of “Bloodstream” by Stateless – unique to the show – will be on the soundtrack.
He couldn’t drop any hints about artists featured in the Season 2 premiere because he’s pulling together the music for it now. “We’ve got a lot of stuff to answer. I don’t know if it’s going to be the most song-driven episode we’ve had.”